Little & Smith, Inc. traces its beginnings back to 1926. Founded by A.D. Little, Sr., the company prospered in the Great Depression and World War II eras, providing the community with a variety of financial services. A.D. Little, Jr. joined the firm in 1954, after serving his country in the Korean Conflict . In 1958, North Carolina native and fellow serviceman William D. Smith, Sr. became a partner.
In 1975, the company acquired its historic headquarters building, constructed c.1845 in Marietta, Georgia. In 1864, during the War Between the States, the site was seized by Union forces for use as officers' quarters, and was thus spared the fiery wrath of destruction that was delivered on most of the city by General William Tecumseh Sherman.
The third generation was established in 1984, when Bill Smith, Jr. joined the firm after serving an apprenticeship in the New York offices of Chubb Insurance. In the ensuing years, Little & Smith attained an extraordinary level of growth, as a particular focus was placed on commercial insurance services and surety needs for business clients.
Little & Smith has twice been honored as the # 1 insurance firm in the United States in its revenue class by the Independent Insurance Agents and Brokers Association.
Current Risk Advisors include Bill Smith, Jr., David Burruss,
Gene Northcutt, Odie Wilson, David Hunter,
Ricky Elrod, Jackson Bentley, and William Smith III